Anonymously report a crime with silent witness
What is silent witness?
- A program that allows for anonymous reporting.
- A program to help University Police obtain information regarding criminal activity.
- A program that ensures the information gathered goes to the proper law enforcement agency — and nowhere else.
How does silent witness work?
- Through any computer with Internet access, a person can go to the University Police Web site and then access the Silent Witness link.
- The reporting form available from the Silent Witness page is a fill-in-the-blank exercise that helps the reporting person record all known data about the criminal activity.
- By completing the form and clicking on Submit Report, the information becomes a "blind" e-mail that will not disclose to police identity of the person making the report.